Reply To: SSE – Airtricity, Atlantic, Southern Electric, Scottish Hydro, Swalec

Home Forums SUPPLIERS SSE – Airtricity, Atlantic, Southern Electric, Scottish Hydro, Swalec Reply To: SSE – Airtricity, Atlantic, Southern Electric, Scottish Hydro, Swalec

GrahamW
Participant

I have applied to Ovo to swap from SSE’s Economy 10. I use a lot of electricity because everything in the house, including the ground source heat pump and the Aga, is electric – about 33,000 kWh a year.

Using several of the helpful bits of advice on this site, I supplied Ovo with my single meter MPAN number and within a few hours (and on a Sunday!), I had a full quote. I calculate that I will save nearly 25% on my current bill from SSE. Quite apart from the enormous cost saving, I will not be sorry to leave SSE behind. I have been supplied with four different meters from them (first for the wrong electricity area with wrong switchover times, then with completely the wrong tariff and finally with the clock not working properly). I have also had numerous problems with billing, including a quarterly demand earlier this year for £11,600, more than ten times the normal bill! Two years ago, they increased the peak rate unit price by a whopping 19%, probably because they could.

I only wish that I had found this site earlier. As Mark says in his introduction, it is very difficult to find any sensible information on Economy 10, even from companies that normally supply it. None of the price comparison sites have anything on Economy 10. I would never have guessed that companies like Ovo will supply this tariff as if it was Economy 7.

Good job!