Reply To: Bulb

Home Forums SUPPLIERS Bulb Reply To: Bulb

Thought I might keep you all posted on my progress with finding a supplier:

After the Scottish Power debacle, I stayed with a new supplier, Brighter World for a time. They have an exciting ethical ethos, although not green for us, they reinvest profits in providing renewable solar energy for communities in Africa, so sounded exciting. The main reason I’ve switched again recently is because of increases in their variable tariff.

However from good to better – with Bulb Energy. I haven’t looked back. 100% renewable energy for a fraction of the price of Ovo. And I believe this is one of the best value tariffs for E10 currently on the market[]

Perks (in my opinion): no exit fee, EXCELLENT customer service (aim to answer the phone within a few rings), treat customers as’members’ with quality online portal (complete with usage graphs and extensive member community forums) and some of the best prices on the market. I would note it is a variable tariff, however I’ve been informed after querying this by email that they deliberately keep prices as low as possible while retaining a clear pricing policy (they’ve consistently reduced prices multiple times over the last few years). A blog post by the company on the subject of wholesale energy and prices is available here (sent to me by customer services and motivated my decision to go for it): https://blog.bulb.co.uk/wholesale-energy-whats-going/

In all honesty I would not endorse the company if I didn’t genuinely believe they are an excellent choice for Economy 10 customers. I hope my previous posts testify to this.

As a side-note, I’ve been away from the fold for a little while – since returning it’s great to see such great work being done by Mark and many others on this noble cause. I’ve added my recent findings to the new survey, and highly recommend others do the same.

Andrew