Reply To: my head is spinning

Home Forums Newbie area / please help! my head is spinning Reply To: my head is spinning

Wingco39
Participant

Sadly an Economy 7 meter is another animal – the timing segments for off-peak metering are physically built into the meter, so the answer to your first question is No. But, you must have two rates on your meter so if you look at the reading at the beginning of the afternoon off-peak period boil a kettle or two, finish the ironing then. at the end of the off-peak period, only the rate meter for the off-peak should show an increase. That should tell you if you are still on E10 (my guess is that you are if nobody has fiddled with your meter). Be careful though, the exact timings of these periods aren’t exactly governed by a chronometer and sometimes they can be quite a bit out e.g. on my E10 tariff the afternoon segment should be from 13:00 to 16:00 Hrs but it actually switches from 13:32 until 16:32 Hrs on the meter. This is done deliberately (the meter times are staggered) by the electricity suppliers so that at 13:00 Hrs there wouldn’t be a huge surge on the mains as everyone on E10 switched on their appliances. Hope this helps.
PS Try stopping your payments one month to Utilia – bet they react quickly!!