Reply To: E.On

Home Forums SUPPLIERS E.On Reply To: E.On

TJ900
Participant

Hi all. I am currently with Eon on their Eon EnergyPlan & Electrical Heating RHT tariff.
Like most people in this forum I received a letter from them last month saying that “I’m on one of their older tariffs which we’re no longer able to offer” after been on the tariff since I moved into the electric only property 3 years ago.
So I immediately called Eon on the phone number that was on the letter (“To discuss your tariff options call us on….”) but the customer service adviser was only able to give me a worst case scenario projection as she was “not allowed to sell me any tariffs” so I then had to wait up to 10 working days for someone from Eon to contact me to discuss my tariff options!!
Whilst I was waiting for the call back from Eon I decided to check out other providers tariffs. Well I wish I hadn’t have bothered. What an absolute nightmare!!
I first contacted Uswitch, but they told me that they couldn’t do any price comparisons for me as I have a ‘complex’ meter & that it would only be the Big 6 companies that would support this but I would have to contact them all individually to get a quote.
As you are all probably too aware, this was like banging my head against a brick wall whilst speaking another language!! None of them wanted anything to do with me once they had FINALLY understood what I was talking about in regards to having 2 meters!!! (The customer service adviser I spoke to at British Gas couldn’t understand why I had 2 MPAN numbers & he’d never come across anything like this before, even though I explained to them numerous times I had TWO meters!!)
Eon EVENTUALLY called me back & the woman only gave me 3 options of new tariff but all on one standard rate, which of course would be more expensive than what I am paying now!
My RHT meter is connected to my underfloor heating (the original that was put in downstairs only when the house was built in the 60s so it’s not really energy efficient but it does the job) & this comes on at midnight & goes off at 7am.
I have an electric shower & live on my own & work full time so I don’t ever turn the heater on for the water tank so I’m not sure if this is attached to the RHT meter or not?
As you can imagine I am at my wits end & I have no idea what to do, or what is available to me as nobody at any of the Big 6 companies (including Eon) seem to want to truly help.
A lot of the companies were insistent on me having a smart meter fitted if I was to change to any of their tariffs, I’m not particularly bothered what type of meter I have to go to as long as it is affordable & there isn’t any hassle or cost to having a new meter installed as I think it is very unfair that I would have to foot the bill for any changes as it is not my fault that nobody offers RHT tariffs anymore.
Reading through the comments above has given me a little more insight into the situation but any advise from anyone that has been through the same issue would be brilliant as I am at a loss as to what to do for the best & my tariff comes to an end in September. TIA.