The Energy Market Investigation (Restricted Meters) Order 2016

Home Forums Newbie area / please help! The Energy Market Investigation (Restricted Meters) Order 2016

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

Unfortunately most suppliers don’t train their staff well in relation to complex meters so it will continue to be a poor customer experience, try EDF I found them the best as they have a complex meters team

Stewart
    Participant

Agreed, so why is it so difficult to ask a supplier to supply a single rate tariff to a property with an E10 meter. I had one customer assistant tell me they knew all about the order but everytime I asked if they had read it they declined to answer.

Michael
    Participant

Suppliers must make available all their single rate tariffs to e10 customers, there is no requirement for them to offer their e7 or dual/multi rate tariffs to these customers. Some suppliers will accept e10 on their e7 tariff but they are not obliged to do so by the ofgem order.

I believe the order also only applies to suppliers with 50000 or over residential customers

Stewart
    Participant

No I have an E10 meter. The order specifies that suppliers are to make available ALL tariffs(including single rate tariffs) to those with E10 meters, without the need to require the customer replaces their E10 meter. Or have I interpreted the order incorrectly?

Michael
    Participant

Hello Stuart

The order you mentioned does not apply to e7 meters.

Are you having a problem with a supplier accepting you on a single rate tariff with a e10 meter?

Stewart
    Participant

Apologies, I saw details of this on another forum post. Has anyone tried to apply the Order applying to the Restricted Meters Order 2016?

Basically this means that Energy Suppliers with more than 50,000 customers must make available ALL single rate electricity tariffs to customers with Restricted Meters (E7 and E10). Furthermore this should also not require them to have to change their meter.

If I am interpreting this correctly, this should allow E7, E10 customers access to cheaper single rate tariffs without the need for E7, E10 tariffs.

I will happily be corrected by anyone if I am not interpreting this correctly.

Thanks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.