Complain about your Supplier

If you have an unresolved complaint about a gas or electricity company, the Energy Ombudsman can help.  They are approved by the energy regulator Ofgem to independently handle disputes between energy companies and their customers, which includes domestic customers and micro businesses.  Their service is free to consumers and simple to use.

Raising an energy complaint
Before using the energy ombudsman you must first raise a complaint with the energy company and give it an opportunity to resolve the issue – see advice link below.  If your complaint isn’t resolved in eight weeks or you receive a deadlock letter you can escalate your issue to the Energy Ombudsman.